Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Scripture Blessings 2 18 18 LOVE

It is with such a heavy heart that I even begin to post a Sunday Scripture Blessing after the sad week that just passed. A week that was suppose to be filled with Love as we have celebrated every February for years, was marred by Evil.

Two of our police officers in a town just 40 minutes from where I live were ambushed and killed when they answered a domestic call. The outpouring and Love from all around the state and others was seen on local television as we watched the processions and all the thousands that came to pay respect and honor the ones who serve and protect.

Then a few days later, another horrific school shooting. And once again, we go around that same loop of blame and how we can approach any resolve to this issue. Everyone seems to have opinions, but no solutions.

Jesus before he went to the cross offered a solution. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

As simple as that...LOVE one another. 

But, sadly, as scripture also tells us:
  • A good man brings good things out of the Good stored up in his heart.
  • An evil man brings Evil.
  • The mouth speaks what the heart is full of. (apparently, actions speak volumes of what the heart is full of)
  • A good heart doesn't judge.
I know God has answers, but even as a Christian, this week has been heartbreaking and full of many questions. Prayers for all those children whose lives were needlessly thrown away by someone who was apparently full of hate. I don't know his agenda and the bible tells me that I'm not to judge. So, I offer prayers for him also, hard as that is right now. But, I know there is still good in this world and hope in this world. All those who poured out so much love to the slain officers' families, and those who showed up to support the families of those students is proof. Some came from far and wide even though they didn't know the officers to show support. There is still Love. And with that, we know that evil cannot win in the end.


You're next for sharing a Scripture Blessing:



~hugs~

Peabea



3 comments:

  1. My heart has also been heavy this week due to the violent and evil acts of these individuals. The evil in this world seems to be ever escalating, but it is a comfort to know that evil does not win in the end. Satan will be defeated. Prayers for our nation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been several police officer shootings lately. Our world is so full of hate and evil. I've been thinking a lot about we are to be salt and light in the midst of the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I hear about another act of senseless violence, my entire body and mind immediately reacts. The police officer shootings hit home as my son is in the deputy program right now, but I choose to trust the Lord and not borrow trouble and believe that the Lord will keep my son safe.

    The school shootings I can't even wrap my head around.

    Thank you for your heartfelt words and the admonishment from Scripture to love our neighbor as ourselves. We all can do our part in setting that example.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)